I continue to be enthused about the Meatless Monday program that so many people are following, including this writer. Here are my picks for five additional food blogs that offer a wide variety of recipes to help the rest of us stay on course each Monday.
- Vegie Head;
- Tastefully Veggie;
- Mixed Greens;
- Brazen Kitchen;
My previous articles on Meatless Monday recipes can be found by clicking here.
1) Vegie Head – Author Adele is from Australia. She describes herself as follows: recipe creator; food stylist photographer; cooking teacher; author; passionate cook and eater; vegan; raw dabbler; health food crazy Superfood lover; hat obsessed, and collector of all things vintage.
2) Tastefully Veggie – Tastefully Veggie is an exclusive blog for vegetarian dishes of Indian origin, packed with ideas and recipes. Blogger Veena, who lives in England, enjoys experimenting in the kitchen every day.
3) Mixed Greens – Mixed Greens is a a delightfully original blog by authors Poppy – photographer, colorist, designer and lover of all things handmade, and Sally, who brings with her a rich source of words and stories, cooking skills, ability to bring it all together and a deep source of nourishment to all. More information about the people involved with this blog can be found here.
4) Brazen Kitchen – Nutrition counselor and vegan chef Leah Lizarondo Shannon is the Chief Veghacker, recipe creator and curator at The Brazen Kitchen, where she writes about food and food policy. This blog features a manifesto on what guides the author in her recipe creation and posting, plus many exciting and original recipes for those following a Meatless Monday program.
5) BitterSweet – Blogger, crafter and cookbook author Hannah Kaminsky offers a boatload of recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth on this cooking blog, along with a wide variety of other dishes to prepare.
Happy Meatless Monday to those who are joining me on this journey! To be continued…
Tags: cooking & food; goals; health; meatless monday; opinion and editorial; seniors