My thanks to Twitter, and to the developers of e.ggtimer.com! Because of your combined efforts, I have greatly simplified my life when I am working at my computer by making use of this free time management tool. There will be no more manually setting a kitchen-style timer for me – instead, I can easily click on my bookmarked link to e.ggtimer.com and simply type in the time that I want this handy computerized timer to count down for me.
I discovered this handy, free computer tool by following a tweet from one of my Twitter followers (sorry, I didn’t make note of the tweeter’s username). This led me to a blog post that mentioned e.ggtimer.com along with other tools that bloggers might find useful.
This is how the author of that post described the usefulness of this tool: ”It’s easy to get too deep into your blog post and neglect the other things on your to-do list. Use this online timer to block out an hour or two to write and then step away…perfect for helping organize your time, which is crucial when you are trying to have a successful blog and a life at the same time.”
How e.ggtimer.com has simplified my life
- It is a great reminder for taking breaks. I set the timer for 20 to 30 minute intervals and take a computer break when I hear the buzzer. Since the timer is minimized on my screen, I can watch the countdown by glancing at the tab on my browser.
- Time flies when I am on Twitter and Pinterest. Setting this timer for 20 to 30 minute intervals helps me manage my time while I am on those sites.
- I set the timer when I have something cooking or baking that I want to be sure to monitor. One example: There is no timer buzzer on my toaster oven; using e.ggtimer.com alerts me when my baking time is up when that appliance is in use.
- The timer is convenient for reminding me to make phone calls or watch a particular program on TV.
- Overall, e.ggtimer.com is a simple yet perfect organizing tool that helps me maintain my writing schedule for the day.
I don’t believe that you have to be a blogger to take advantage of the convenience of this timing tool. My suggestion: Try out e.ggtimer.com, and if you like it, you might consider bookmarking the site.
Tags: blogging; cooking tip; home improvement; opinion and editorial; reviews; technology; time management
- personal opinion